Ph.D. University of California at Berkeley
M.A. University of California at Berkeley
Sanskrit language and literature (belles-lettres, epics, and drama); traditions of South Asian grammar and linguistics; the history, aesthetics, and reception of Indian literatures; Indian philosophy and intellectual history; Pali, Prakrit, Hindi and Gujarati language and literature; translation theory.
- Text to Tradition: The Naiṣadhīyacarita and Literary Community in South Asia (Columbia University Press, 2014)
Selected Journal Articles
- “Source, Exegesis, and Translation: Sanskrit Commentary and Regional Language Translation in South Asia.” Journal of the American Oriental Society, Volume 131, No. 2 (April-June 2011), pp. 245-266.
- “Shared Typologies of Kāmaśāstra, Alaṅkāraśāstra and Literary Criticism.” Journal of Indian Philosophy, Volume 39, No.1 (February 2011), pp. 101-122.
- "Sanskrit Poetry." The New Princeton Encyclopedia of Poetry and Poetics, 4th Edition. Ed. Greene and Cushman. Princeton University Press, 2012. Pp. 1250-1255.
- "Mettābhāvanā in Traditional and Popular Buddhist Contexts." Asian Philosophy, Volume 23 (4): 323-340 (2013).