Research Internship Opportunities in South Asia
The South Asia Center (SAC) is pleased to announce new research internship placements in South Asia for Summer 2018. Students will be able to work on a project of their own design with the aid of a local mentor in South Asia, or can choose to volunteer with an organization devoted to work in a particular field (see sample topics below).
Most opportunities include a host institution and/or research mentor who will offer guidance to students, assist with accommodation, and offer valuable connections and insight. Placements are available to students at all levels. Funding is currently limited to students who will NOT graduate in May or August of 2018.
Placements and Topics
1. Jaipur: Public Health and Health Management
2. Puducherry: Psychology in Indian Society
3. Chennai: Artist Residency
4. Kolkata: LGBT Movement Building
5. Bangalore: Agrobiodiversity Conservation
6. Bangalore: Ecology and the Environment
7. Chennai: Archaeology and Public Education
8. Puducherry: Indology, Social Science, and Ecology
9. New Delhi: Political Science at UPIASI
View the program brochure here: Research Opportunities 2018.pdf
Research Internship Application
Undergraduate Funding Opportunity
Applicants can apply to Round #2 of GIP funding on the Global Internship Program (GIP) website.
Penn freshman, sophomores, juniors, and graduate students NOT graduating in May or August of summer 2018 may apply for funding. Funding is based on need merit and the cost of the program.
Round #2 Opens: Thursday, January 11, 2018
Round #2 Closes: Sunday, April 1, 2018
Round #2 Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis after March 1, 2018.
Students are encouraged to apply to other funding sources to ensure their ability to participate in the program. You can find alterative funding sources here.